VP of Business Development
VP of Business Development
Our client is a discovery stage therapeutics company. Theydirect a proprietary platform of advanced patient derived neuronal models, leading edge measurement instrumentation & software, and AI machine learning to discover and develop novel, optimized genetically targeted medicines for epilepsy, pain, and other diseases of electrically excitable cells. The companiesapproach enables rapid drug discovery opportunities with shorter timelines and powers new treatment paradigms for genetic disease.
The Vice President, Head of Business Development is responsible for establishing and executing the company’s strategy for the sourcing and execution of all the companies collaborations. As a member of the corporate executive leadership team and reporting to the CEO, the VP of BD will represent the companyto outside business and scientific collaborators and lead organizational engagement and negotiation efforts with prospective partner organizations.
- Develop, manage and direct the execution of companiesBusiness Development strategy; lead negotiation of new partner transactions
- Proactively evaluate and source partner candidates to meet our identified business needs
- Focus on BD opportunities for companiesprograms with both strategic alignment at the highest levels of the organization and tactical execution to grow and maximize enterprise value
- Maintain in-depth market knowledge of and relationships with strategic partnering targets to support prioritization of both in- and out-licensing opportunities
- Establish internal input and feedback channels to gather needs and priorities from various functions and the leadership team, while also adding your own view of opportunities. Provide frequent updates on partnership development tomanagement
- Develop competitive analysis on partnerships relative to major competitors
- Develop and present executive presentations in full alignment with executive direction and consensus; develop, present, and manage detailed project/enactment plan for opportunities deemed of interest to the company
- Provide periodic detailed updates on Business Development activities to corporate leadership and the company’s board of directors to ensure awareness and alignment across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred in a scientific discipline with MBA, PhD or MD highly desirable
- 12+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a minimum 5 years in business development roles
- A robust deal sheet of successfully sourced and executed value-creating transactions, including a track record of successful out-licensing
- Highly developed understanding of the biopharma industry landscape and evolving business dynamics
- Combined scientific and business acumen to formulate BD strategies and operational plans that advance the interests of the Company
- Clear aptitude for leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams • Demonstrated ability to lead a high performing search & evaluation function
- Demonstrated history of innovative, “out of the box” thinking and natural penchant for identifying “non-obvious” opportunities that expand/diversify business dynamics; strong strategic agility
If you are interestedin learning more about the position, please send your resume to Nick at email@example.com
*Qualified candidates only please!