Temporary Research Scientist, Med Chemistry
Research Scientist, Med Chem | Major Pharma- San Diego, CA
We are seeking a creative scientist to join the Global Computational Chemistry group and contribute to chemical reaction informatics. The successful candidate will address data analysis, visualization, and decision support needs for high throughput reaction screening and synthesis planning. We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in chemistry & cheminformatics, and experience working with large reaction datasets.
This position resides between medicinal and process chemistry and plays a crucial role in our continuing efforts to find novel, innovative treatments for serious human diseases.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent) with 2+ years’ experience in chemistry or biochemistry with a computational emphasis is required, or else a Ph.D. or Ph.D. equivalent in cheminformatics or computational chemistry with a background in chemistry.
- Solid understanding of computer representation of reactions & molecular descriptors and a background in statistics is required.
- Expertise in Python, R, or other programming languages is essential.
- Experience with cheminformatics toolkits (e.g., OpenEye, RDKit) and packages (e.g., Schrodinger, MOE, KNIME) expected.
- Specific expertise in predictive modeling using statistical and machine learning methods is preferred.
- Experience in manipulating and analyzing large internal, public, and commercial datasets and with visualization of complex data types is preferred.
- Evidence of creative approaches to cheminformatics problems, especially in the area of chemical reactions via publications, presentations or software.
Individuals with excellent communication skills and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across our global research organization will be given preference.
Additional Experience In These Areas Would Be An Asset
- Familiarity with one or more chemistry ELN systems.
- Knowledge of design of experiments (DoE) methodologies.
- Prior experience in synthetic chemistry.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your resume IMMEDIATELY to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.