Temp-to-Hire, Senior Research Associate | Human Cell Core | San Diego
Senior Research Associate, Human Cell Core- San Diego, CA
(6-month+Contract, Global Pharma, Potential to Convert to Full-time!)
We are seeking an experienced Research Associate to join our team scaling disease relevant human cell models. The successful candidate will work in a team setting on the development, validation, and execution of primary human cell production at drug discovery scale.
The candidate will be responsible for the utilization of automated systems to enable effective production of primary human cells to support discovery projects. This will include applying cell biology methods and experimental design and data analysis skills to establish quality control measurements and make improvements to cell culture production protocols. The position requires a high degree of reliability, independence, attention to detail, flexibility and problem solving skills.
- BS in Biology, Cell Biology or a related science
- Must have 3+ years of experience with standard sterile tissue culture and cell biology techniques required for the routine handling and maintenance of primary human cells
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical proficiency in experimental design and data generation, provide conclusions and recommendations for next steps
- A high degree of reliability, independence, attention to detail, flexibility and problem solving skills
- Experience with automated and semi-automated liquid handling systems
- Demonstrated strong understanding of primary cell culture techniques as best practices to ensure consistency, efficiency, and quality control of large scale cultures
- MSin Biology, Cell Biology or a related science
- Basic understanding of drug discovery process
- Experience in scaling of primary cells
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Embody the Core Values of Fearless Pursuit of Excellence, Innovation is Our Lifeblood and “We” Wins
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your resume IMMEDIATELY to Katie at email@example.com.