Temp-to-Hire, Senior Research Associate | Discovery Core | San Diego
Senior Research Associate, Discovery Core- San Diego, CA
(6-month+Contract, Global Pharma, Potential to Convert to Full-time!)
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Senior Research Associate to contribute to drug discovery in the area of high-throughput assays. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning, organization and execution of cell culture and automated assay execution supporting the High Throughput Assays group. The position requires a high degree of reliability, independence, attention to detail, data analysis and interpretation skills, as well as strong communication skills. A demonstrated strong understanding of best practices to ensure reliability, efficiency, and quality control of large-scale assays is desired.
- Work independently to accurately plan and schedule daily cell culture deliverables.
- Support assay execution on large-scale automated platforms.
- Execute standard cell culture procedures, including maintaining and plating of recombinant HEK cell lines at scale on a weekly basis, utilizing plate-based automation.
- Effectively collate and interpret data systematically and make recommendations for next steps
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and makes recommendations for process improvements where needed.
- Apply technical proficiency in the development and implementation of new cell culture processes to streamline current practices.
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and results (both verbally and in writing) to a broad range of audiences.
- BS or MS in Biology, Cell Biology or a related science
- 2+ years of experience with standard sterile cell culture techniques required for the routine handling and maintenance of recombinant cell lines at scale
- Experience with executing and analyzing data from cell-based assays
- Experience with liquid handling equipment and general plate handling automation preferred
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please send your resume IMMEDIATELY to Katie at email@example.com.