StaffAccountant -Newton, MA
Department: Corporate Accounting
The Staff Accountant is responsible for full cycle accounting for a portfolio of limited service locations. The candidate will assist the corporate Assistant Controller and the hotel General Managers in all aspects of day-to-day accounting. This position includes, but is not limited to completing the month end closes, maintaining and analyzing general ledgers, preparing account reconciliations as well as implementing improvements to department processes. This position requires excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of office processes and related computer software tools is essential.
- Provide ongoing accounting support and guidance to hotel General Managers
- Responsible for all month-end close responsibilities for a portfolio o
- Complete monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Produce monthly financial statements.
- Prepare monthly tax schedules for state, county and local authorities.
- Review accounts payable and general ledger for accuracy.
- Assist in the hotel budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Complete trend analysis of monthly financial results.
- Assist with the internal and external audits as well as perform ad hoc projects as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Must be familiar with GAAP Accounting and have a strong understanding of the general ledger process.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of hotel accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent and a strong record of success in academic and work environment.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Ability to proactively communicate and work effectively withstaff, corporate management, and internal customers.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Attention to detail, problem solving and trouble shooting skills are essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Must thrive in a teamwork setting and have excellent organizational skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic.