Sr. Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant
We are currently seeking candidates for a Staff Accountant at a Property Management co. in Downtown Boston. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience (ideally focused on real estate, development and/or property accounting. This opportunityis a temporary role (est. 6 months) and is ON SITE and is 4 days per week and will pay in the $35.00 to $45.00 per hour range (based on relative work experience) within a 32-hour work week.
- Perform monthly accounting activities, billing, collections, cash management and coordination of accounts payable.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year-end financial work paper packages for owners, lenders and senior management, including balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Support Development, Construction, Property Management and other business teams to provide financial information, reporting and budget support, as needed.
- Prepare monthly development funding requisitions.
- Prepare annual reconciliations.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end tax, cash and GAAP reporting, including external audit requirements.
- Download G/L accounts from acquired companies.
- Match acquiring companies’ G/L to the corporate G/L.
- Re-class G/L accounts.
- Reconcile G/L accounts after Re-Classification.
- Maintain XL macros and be comfortable using pivot tables.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred but not required
- High proficiency with Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards or other property/development accounting software, a plus
- Ability to manage multiple items at once
- Strong system skills and reconciliation skills
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates, please email an updated resume in a Word document to Howie at firstname.lastname@example.org