Sr. Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer- Bedford, MA
Our Medical Device client is developing scientific products that allow physicians to make evidence-based decisions. They are currently growing and looking to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer who would have the following responsibilities:
- Design innovative products for the medical device market from concept through release into full production with due consideration to cost and reliability.
- Develop, verify, and document analog and digital hardware, including complex FPGA/CPLDs and embedded CPUs.
- Design top-level architecture down to component-level analog and digital circuit design.
- Design for EMC and Medical safety compatibility.
- Develop and document low-level hardware interface modules/drivers for embedded CPUs.
- Manage the electronics development lifecycle consistent with FDA requirements, including the creation of requirements, specifications, validation, and other documentation as needed.
- Develop test systems and procedures for use in the manufacture of electronic subassemblies.
- Design for manufacturability through collaboration with Manufacturing and Procurement.
- Support existing released products with root cause failure analysis, redesign for cost reduction, and iterations based on market feedback.
- Support the risk management process using FMEA and other risk mitigation techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Electrical Engineering or relevant equivalent field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience required.
- Prior medical device experience preferred.
- Prior industry experience with analog circuit and printed circuit board design for prototype, production, test and product development.
- Prior industry experience with FPGA/CPLD design, simulation, and verification, including authoring design documents and test plans, are preferred.
- Experience with sensitive analog circuitry, mixed-signal circuitry, data acquisition systems, and motion control systems is preferred.
- Experience with electro-optics and/or ultrasound systems is preferred.
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary project team.
- Ability to independently organize and align project tasks and issues.
- Self-motivated and self-reliant, focused, open-minded, amiable, and flexible
Areas of prior design experience that are relevant to the position:
- Low-level analog and mixed-signal design
- ADCs and DACs
- Electro-optical circuits and concepts
- High-frequency ultrasound and/or RF design
- FPGA – hardware and firmware design
- CPU – hardware and firmware design
- Motor control, drivers, sensors and PID control
- Power supply circuits
- Medical isolation circuitry
- PCB design and CAD entry (Altium preferred)
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Earl at firstname.lastname@example.org