Sr. Development Accountant
Senior Development Accountant – Boston, MA
Our client, a real estate investment management firm with offices located in Downtown Boston, has an immediate need for aSenior Development Accountant. The Senior Development Accountant will report to the Controller and helpoversee all internal and external reporting, accounting and cash management activities. This individual will work closely with the Property Management team on operating/cash results of the properties.
This role is a full-time opportunity offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Preparationof all monthly and annual accounting activities, billing, cash management and accounts payable
- Assistwith Property Management teams in all aspects of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, tenant collections and CAM reconciliations
- Responsible for the reconciliation of existing and on-going projects
- Assiststaff accountants on the day-to-day accounting,quarterly and year-end financial reporting
- Participate in the implementation of system enhancements, including accounting system upgrades and automated A/P workflow system, and enhance automation of all accounting processes
- Compile information for external auditors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 2 – 4 or moreyears of public/industry accounting experience; real estate industry experience (property accounting and development accounting) is essential
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders
- Superior organizational skills, must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multitask
- Knowledge ofYardi and MRI software or other property management software is a plus
Interested, qualified candidates should contact Lianne at email@example.com to be considered.