Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
Senior Manager of Technical Accounting- Greater Boston Area
Our client, located in the Greater Boston area, is hiring a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting to join their Technical Accounting team. The Technical Accounting team provides direction and guidance to the operating accounting groups on all reporting compliance aspects related to U.S. GAAP and internal accounting policies.
Day-to-day, you will direct a team and conduct research needed to advise on the financial reporting implications of new and amended commercial agreements, formulate position papers, and maintain accounting policy documentation. As a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting, you will partner cross-functionally to ensure that implications of new lease and revenue agreements are understood, and accounting procedures comply with financial reporting requirements.
What You Can Offer Us:
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and research complex accounting issues; present U.S. GAAP-grounded conclusions to both internal and external audiences.
- Lead the crucial quarterly accounting issues process to highlight material financial reporting decisions.
- Remain current on U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting developments, manage the implementation of any new pronouncements, and maintain a working knowledge of the differences between U.S. GAAP, IFRS, and other guidance.
- Develop and monitor compliance with internal accounting policies and operating procedures.
- Support the corporate and international operating business units with U.S. GAAP rules, policy analysis, and advice.
- Own training process that builds both a general understanding of U.S. GAAP principles and the impact of business transactions on the Company financials.
- As a Senior Manager, Technical Accounting, you are responsible for the recruitment, performance management, and career development of the Manager and Staff Accountant.
- Cultivate a collaborative team dynamic that enables us to meet our business objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s in Accountancy strongly preferred.
- CPA required.
- At least 8 years of related experience, including a minimum of 3 years in public accounting, required.
- At least 5 years of experience in a supervisory or leadership capacity in public accounting required.
- Lease accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Approximately 10% travel required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results.
If you have an interest in this role, please contact Jeremy email@example.com