Senior Helpdesk Engineer
Senior Help Desk Engineer- Boston, MA
Our client, an industry-leading investment manager in Boston, would like to add a senior support engineer to their team immediately.
Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a local area network (LAN).
- Expert on Mac/Apple support as well as Windows. Familiar with both Jamf and Intune.
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions.
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, Apple workstations, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment.
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in related field and 3-5 years of networking experience, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- 2-5 years help desk experience.
- Jamf, Intune, Okta and Meraki experience is desired
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Can work with a wide range of personalities and levels of employees from associates to C level.
Please send current resumes to Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.