Senior Developer (Back End)
Senior Developer(Back End)
Our client, an F500 financial technology company with offices just northwest of Boston, MA, is seeking a hands-on Senior Developer with a focus on back end data to contribute to the full life cycle development of a robust mission-critical database management platform. The developer will be writing software code for storage and retrieval management platform focused on equities, fixed income, and derivatives into a large complex securities platform.
Experience needed to be successful:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or Software/Computer Engineering (or foreign degree equivalent)
- 8+ years' development experience
- The primary skill-set should be that of a Java developer with extensive experience (7+ years) working on Linux based enterprise systems, as well as a strong understanding of database technology.
- Experience with designing tables using DDL, including understanding how to normalize data models, how indices work, and how views work.
- Experience with writing and updating databases using DML and JDBC.
- Experience querying databases using SQL and JDBC.
- Experience with the Spring Boot application framework.
- Experience with Perl and other scripting languages a plus.
- Experience with Linux, XML, Git, and Eclipse.
- Knowledge of financial market data is a plus.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is to be based at the client site in Massachusetts. Our client prefers to consider local candidates first but will consider those that could relocate here for the role. Our client cannot do C2C, but if you are a candidate that needs direct client sponsorship, that could be a consideration as well.
If you are interested in this role, please email your resume (Word preferred) to Angela at email@example.com for consideration.