Senior Cloud Engineer – Boston
Senior Cloud Engineer – Boston, MA
We have an incredible opportunity for you with one of the worlds leading private asset management firms located in Boston. Our client is currently seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join their team in a full-time role. This is an opportunity to join a well-respected organization as an individual contributor with much room for growth as you help with the cloud transformation across multiple business units.
No C2C or sponsorship of any kind is considered at this time. Candidates must be able to work on site in the Boston, MA location.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Cloud Engineer reporting into the Cloud Architect, you will be working on the Enterprise Cloud strategy, standards, and best practices associated with all aspects of Cloud offerings. This will including managing, supporting, and evolution of the overall AWS architecture. You will support the migration of all applications to cloud infrastructure as well as contribute and support the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile practice management. They are looking to the Senior Cloud Engineer to provide expert level design and engineering support towards the successful delivery of IT cloud project portfolio.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years IT experience with 2+ years AWS experience required; experience with Azure a plus
- Substantial experience managing fundamental AWS services in a multi-account environment, including IAM, EC2, Lambda, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, and KMS
- Solid experience deploying and supporting Windows and Linux
- Experience scripting with PowerShell, Python, or similar language
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools including CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, or equivalent
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or equivalent
- Exposure to DevOps practices and automation of software testing, delivery, and infrastructure changes
- Experience with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong passion for technology, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to evangelize the uses of cloud services
- Self-motivated and self-directed, ability to translate technical direction into functional solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a globally distributed team, managing multiple priorities while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to investigate complex issues spanning various technologies and drive to completion
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
If you are a cloud expert and would like to be considered for this role, please send your resume (Word preferred) to Charles at Charles@daleyaa.com.