Senior Property Accountant- Boston, MA
Our client is seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join their team! In this role, you will work closely with the Controller, helping oversee all internal and external reporting, accounting, and cash management activities.
This role will be a part of a team of property accountants to drive all property reporting and will work closely with the Property Management team on the operating results of the properties and reporting to internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Preparation of all monthly and annual accounting activities, billing, cash management and accounts payable
- Assist with onsite Property Management teams in all aspects of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, tenant collections, and CAM reconciliations
- Responsible for the reconciliation of existing and on-going projects
- Assist staff accountants on the day-to-day accounting, quarterly and year-end financial reporting
- Participate in the implementation of system enhancements, including accounting system upgrades and automated A/P workflow system, and enhance automation of all accounting processes
- Compile information for external auditors
- Assist with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of public/industry accounting experience; real estate industry experience a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Clear communicator with the ability to interact with senior leaders
- Superior organizational skills, detailed-oriented, and can multitask
- A mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Yardi and MRI software or other property management related software, a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send your current resume to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.