Research Associate, Human Assay Technologies (6 month ++ Contract) | Global Boston Pharma
Research Associate, Human Assay Technologies
(6 months + contract) | Boston, MA
- B.S. with 2–4 years, or M.S. plus 1–2 years’ experience with primary cell/iPSC culture and disease modeling. Industry experience is a significant plus.
- Strong cell culture experience, stem cell, primary cell culture – required; Everything else is teachable
- Western Blotting
- Must be a team player; Collaborative group work – great team
- Pharma would be good but not required
- Maintaining and growing human stem cells in the lab and following instruction to turn cells into the different disease model
- Basic cell culture tech rigorous note-taking – attention to detail
- Periodical analysis for gene potential
- In phase 1 of ramp-up, wouldn’t be hired until we’re into phase one – would need to be onsite several times a week as needed – first few weeks can be home
- End of July hire ideally
Our global pharmaceutical client is seeking to hire a Research Associate with experience in establishing and maintaining (iPSCs) and iPSC-based disease models. The successful candidate should be highly self-motivated, have outstanding technical and communication skills, and work independently on the design and execution of experiments. Above all, we seek a motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for stem cell biology and disease modeling who enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment.
- Carry out complex laboratory work related to stem cell biology and disease modeling for the maintenance and differentiation of human iPSC-derived cultures using aseptic culture techniques.
- Implement methods to query gene and protein expression by immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy, qRT-PCR, and/or Western Blotting.
- Accurately and reliably execute protocols for cell model and assay development.
- Maintain accurate and reliable records, including database management, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Please email your CV to email@example.com for consideration.