Power BI Developer
Power BI Developer- Boston, MA
One of the largest medical devices organization is looking for their next Power BI Developer to join the team! This company is the same organization that Forbes recently recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of PowerBI Capability following industry best practices
- Ability to rapidly translate business requirements into prototypes
- Able to work through an Agile methodology and under tight project deadlines, understand the working practices and their responsibilities in the delivery team
- Analyze, develop, and enforce compliance to enterprise data standards and review their own and others documentation to ensure quality and standards adherence through the use of a Data Dictionary and respective data models.
- Responsible for advising Project Managers and Delivery Leads the scope of work, estimating efforts, and providing time estimates for new projects and enhancements.
- Responsible for gathering and articulating requirements in partnership with the Business Analyst while interacting with different teams.
- Complete analysis to understand data flow, and validate the design with business requirements to ensure completeness of solution.
Scope of Position Responsibilities:
- A big picture thinker, the successful candidate will have the capacity to isolate issues for his/her team and help the organization to focus on implementing both top-level, strategic solutions as well as the day-to-day tactics that are necessary for success.
- The successful candidate will not hesitate to "get into the fray" actively, and will both champion ideas and accept disagreement with maturity and with the good of the business at heart.
- 3+ years – PowerBI development at an expert level
- A demonstrated successful track record of delivering large scale BI Solutions
- Experience working in an Agile methodology
- Experience distributing reporting to a mobile workforce
- Experience in designing and delivering a security model
- Experience with Premium Cloud would be a benefit
- Experience with Product master data would be a benefit
- Knowledge of integration between Informatica Product 360 and Power BI would be a benefit
- Knowledge of consuming data through REST API / Web Service calls from Power BI would be a benefit
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent formal training preferred.
- Must have expert level competency in collecting business requirements, blueprint workshops, and writing functional and technical specifications
- Must have an expert level competency in at least one of the Enterprise BI Data Modeling Methodologies (Inmon, Kimball, other).
- Require strong communication skills and the ability to understand and simplify complex material.
- Generally recognized as a qualified expert in information and data management methodology and techniques.
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your current resume to Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.