Payroll Specialist (Biotech Company)– Greater Boston
Payroll Specialist(Biotech Company) – Greater Boston Area
Our client, a growing biotech firm with great company culture, is looking to hire a Payroll Specialist to join their company! This role requires US GAAP knowledge as the Payroll Specialist will be a part of the Accounting team and report to the Accounting Manager. The Payroll Specialist will oversee and perform all payroll-related functions and ensure that everything is consistent with the company policies and processes.
This role will be remote initially for a few months until the team goes back into the office – the successful candidate must be based in the Greater Boston area.
- Performs payroll-related functions, including but not limited to, processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data, promptly calculate overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data.
- Oversees maintenance of payroll records and files including but not limited to sick time and vacation and other accrued leave.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on the administration of 401(k) and other benefit plans.
- Responds to routine inquiries concerning payroll deductions and accruals, wage garnishments, preparation of manual checks, and employment verifications.
- Performs routine audits of payroll and benefits data and supports audits by benefits providers.
- Prepares journal entries and month-end reports.
- Oversees tax compliance by payroll provider and resolution of routine notices and changes to tax requirements.
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities.
- Assists with the development and implementation of payroll practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assists with accounting for compensation, including equity plan management, expense reporting support, and other special projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 2-5 years of payroll experience
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Internal controls (SOX) experience
- Life science/biotech industry experience preferred
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow required
- SAP Concur, SAP S4/Hana experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
This opportunity is a full-time role that will offer a base salary of 70-80K plus bonus and equity. If you are interested in this opportunity and have all the required qualifications, please apply now or send your resume to Begum email@example.com