Legal Associate – Boston, MA
We are currently seeking candidates for a Legal Associate position with a top-tier investment management firm located in Boston, MA. The Legal Associate will work closely with a team of other Legal Associates and Counsel to provide legal and regulatory support for the firm’s portfolio management, research, and trading activities.
This role is 3+ month contract opportunity with the potential to convert permanently. This position will pay $60/hour within a 40-hour workweek.
- Develop expertise, provide guidance to, and collaborate with investment, trading, and operational colleagues to facilitate client participation in a range of private and/or public investments
- Synthesize and organize information and create reference tools for the team
- Support and enhance practices surrounding private placement investments including deal pipeline management.
- Review and negotiate, or oversee external providers assisting with negotiations, of confidentiality agreements and other documentation related to related to investment transactions
- Lead or contribute to projects focused on enhancing contract playbooks, existing team practices, and building out new capabilities for legal and regulatory support of the firm’s investment activities
- Assist with components of the firm’s controls around material, non-public information
- Collaborate with colleagues located in various international offices to carry out, maintain and enhance team processes, record keeping and reference tools
- Overall comfort with data and systems with proficiency in Excel and the ability to learn various internal and external systems and databases that support the Legal and Compliance Group
- 3-5 years prior experience working in a compliance, legal and/or regulatory role at an asset manager
- Knowledge/familiarity with capital markets
- Experience processes related to material, nonpublic information (MNPI)
- Experience with NDAs
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.