Lab Tech- Medical Technologist, Molecular 2nd Shift
Medical Technologist, Molecular
Our southern Rhode Island client whoisthe premier provider of comprehensive clinical quantitative testing, medication monitoring and support services nationwide. Our client is looking formedical technologists to join their COVID-19 lab team. Their team is experiencing exponential growth and islooking for talent with just afew years of experience to join the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing and interpretation of high-complexity clinical laboratory assays, with emphasis on molecular diagnostics
- Technical skills – Experience performing molecular techniques, including but not limited to, nucleic acid extraction and real time PCR
- Demonstrates attention to detail in conducting and documenting laboratory procedures
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of laboratory information systems
- Able to interpret and evaluate complex test data
- Able to organize and prioritize job assignments
- Maintains integrity and discretion in safeguarding confidential information
- Able to work extra hours to ensure adequate laboratory coverage
- Performing the responsibilities of the job requires frequent standing, walking, or sitting
- Applicant must be able to work under the current configurations of the laboratory
- Able to lift 10lbs, reach from ground to 5ft, able to use a step stool in order to access higher areas
- 2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science.
- ASCP certification required
- 1-2 years of experience.