Infrastructure Engineer/Analyst – Greater Boston Area
Our Boston, MA based client is looking to add an Infrastructure Engineer/Analyst to their team. This is a full-time role that will start out asremote but there is an expectation that they will return to the office at some point likely in 2021 and this person will be required to be in the downtown Boston location. The Infrastructure Engineer/Analyst will join a small IT team reporting to the VP of IT.?You must currently be based in the Greater Boston area to be considered for this role. There is no sponsorship being offered and NO C2C candidates will be considered.
In this role you will be managing the daily operations of the clients IT Infrastructure. These responsibilities include the daily monitoring of the incoming Help Desk calls, system notifications/alarms, nightly operations processes, and server backups. The incumbent will also troubleshoot and solve, with the assistance of vendors if necessary, all problems that may arise within IT infrastructure. The Analyst will also oversee the installation, maintenance, and repair of computer hardware (both server and personal computer). The Analyst will also work with supporting vendors plus internal staff to design, develop, test, and implement new applications. The incumbent must be thorough, detail oriented, possess a keen interest to learn about technology, and have strong organizational and management skills. The individual will be expected to report to IT/Senior Management regularly on open system issues and provide status updates on running IT projects. This represents the general nature and level of accountabilities performed but, is not intended as a comprehensive inventory and is not limited to all duties either described or required by this position.
- IT Data Center Infrastructure: Be responsible for the maintenance, upgrades, and other changes to hosted private and public cloud infrastructure. Work with key vendors to manage the environment and to transition to new cloud services in the future.
- Network Security Infrastructure: Manage Firewalls, VPN routers, network infrastructure and remote access systems
- Problem Resolution: Responsible for overseeing the resolution of problems including hardware, software, network etc. Ensure that problems are resolved in a timely fashion
- IT Planning: Participate in planning for IT department projects/services
- Application Architecture: Work with IT management, staff, and business units to define the company Enterprise Architecture
- New Technology: Research, test, and recommend for implementation any new technology that will improve IT processes
- Software Maintenance: Responsible for ensuring that the software/applications in use are maintained/patched when necessary and upgraded as needed. This includes both applications and operating systems software
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with IT infrastructure vendors to ensure high quality delivery of service. Manage vendor workloads and resolve problems as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management
- Experience in supporting and managing a data center environment and personal computer infrastructure
- Direct experience with Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud Computing, particularly Windows Azure, including backups, disaster recovery and automation, is strongly desired
- Knowledge and experience managing LAN/WAN environments, including remote support
- Experience with remote access technologies, including Citrix, Remote Desktop Services and/or Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s)
- Direct experience in administrating Office 365
- Strong knowledge in Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2019), including an in-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Windows security
- Working knowledge of batch scheduling systems, Microsoft SQL Server, and application development tools (Visual Basic, SQL Scripting)
- Knowledge of firewall concepts including security policies, IPSec and SSL VPN networking, plus secure MFA remote access. Experience with Fortinet appliances and/or Cato Networks a plus
- Experience with Mobile Device Management (MDM), Microsoft Intune and/or Microsoft Endpoint Manager a plus
- Experience with SIEM tools, particularly Splunk and/or Azure Sentinel a plus
- Experience with OpenEdge (Progress) database software a plus
- Experience with reporting systems (QlikSense) a plus
PLEASE NOTE: NO C2C, NO SPONSORSHIP, MUST BE CURRENTLY LOCAL TO THE GREATER BOSTON,MA AREA TO BE CONSIDERED.
If you are qualified and interested in this role please send your resume to Angela Fagin at email@example.com for consideration.