Information Security Specialist
Information Security Specialist I- (Contract in Boston)
Our client, a leading investment management company in Boston, MA, is seeking an Information Security Specialist for a long term (6-9m+) contract in Boston, MA. In this role, the Information Security Specialist will be responsible for the coordination, documentation, execution, and effective, efficient support of related security practices to maintain the firm's security posture. This individual must have experience with various technologies and knowledge of information security practices, understanding related disciplines and how they interoperate.
*PLEASE NOTE: Candidates MUST be currently local to the Boston area to be considered. No candidates out of the Greater Boston area that can relocate will be considered, so please only apply if you are currently based in Boston and have the desired qualifications. No exceptions.
1. Performs more routine work, under supervision, for the implementation and administration of departmental processes and procedures.
2. Provides support to ensure the ongoing efficient and reliable operations of related company security solutions.
3. Collects and compiles relevant data for report generation and analysis.
4. Proactively develops and maintains knowledge of the company's technology solutions and business processes to assist and contribute to these solutions and processes' security as appropriate.
5. Leverages technology to automate manual tasks and improves processes or identifies efficiency gains wherever practicable and appropriate. Make recommendations for process improvements.
6. Aids in the development of, and enforces and maintains the company's Information Security controls, procedures, and standards; may participate in audits and vendor due diligence, as necessary
7. Assists in performing security risk assessments to methodically analyze the company's information technology and business processes, identifying risks from both a technical and business perspective, and recommending mitigation strategies to mitigate those risks to an acceptable level.
8. Collaborates with other IT and business groups and readily shares information to resolve problems.
MUST BE CURRENTLY LOCAL TO GREATER BOSTON, MA AREA
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related security or technical field.
2. 1-3 years of related Information Security or Information Technology related
experience in a professional environment.
3. Awareness of fundamental concepts, frameworks, and practices associated with
administrative, technical and physical security controls (e.g., ISO 27002, Cobit, ITIL, NIST Cybersecurity Framework)
4. Working knowledge of various technologies and platforms, such as Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, SAAS solutions), Windows Domains, Active Directory, Unix/Linux OS, Databases, Networking a plus.
5. Developing knowledge of project management concepts and able to manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously (e.g., identification, definition, prioritization, and time management)
6. Strong attention to detail, analytical, writing, and problem-solving skills.
7. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
8. Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as circumstances warrant.
9. Demonstrates aptitude of flexibility, tolerance of ambiguity, agility
This role will be 100% remote to start, but candidates MUST be located in the Greater Boston, MA area to be considered. They will be expected to be on-site once the client resumes activities at their downtown Boston, MA location.
If you are qualified for this role and would like to be considered, please send your resume (Word preferred) to Angela Fagin firstname.lastname@example.org