Indirect Tax Analyst
Department:Finance Shared Services
Reports To:Tax Manager
Contract to Hire rate:$30.00 per hour
Permanent Salary:$65,000.00 Based on experience.
We aspire to greet everyguest with a spirit of warmth and welcome,proudly exceeding our guests’ expectations.Those aspirations extend deep into the heart of our hotels – right into the lives of our employees. In fact, we consider ourselves more than a hotel management company – we’re a member of the communities we serve. At our core, we celebrate the individuality of everyone who walks through our doors. For our employees, that means we ensure they develop the skills and tools they need to do their job and exceed even their own expectations.
The Indirect Tax Analyst is responsible for all indirect tax activities of assigned hotel properties, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and liaisons with the service provider in the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing budgets, projections, and special reports for senior management.This position requires excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of office processes and related computer software tools is essential.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual state and local indirect tax returns.
- Track all tax-exempt transactions and maintain copies of all tax-exempt forms.
- Review revenue and exemption information for accuracy prior to the preparation of the tax returns.
- Reconciles monthly indirect tax obligation to amounts collected and recorded as a liability and ensure general ledger balances are accurate.
- Research and resolve tax inquiries tax accrual issues and tax reconciliation issues.
- Resolve tax notices received from state and local tax jurisdictions.
- Prepares supporting documentation for all tax returns and reconciliations.
- Daily maintain complete and update the Audit and Notice checklists and the Tax Calendar along with other assigned department schedules.
- Responds to local tax audits information requests and supports the Tax Manager in the audit process.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be familiar with GAAP Accounting and have a strong understanding of the general ledger process.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of hotel accounting or indirect tax reporting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent and a strong record of success in academic and work environment.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-pace setting.
- Ability to proactively communicate and work effectively with hotel staff, corporate management, and internal customers.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo.
- Attention to detail, problem solving and trouble shooting skills are essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Must thrive in a teamwork setting and have excellent organizational skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com or apply to this opportunity.