Fund Controller – Private Investments and Venture Capital
The Fund Controller will be responsible for private investment operations and the venture capital finance functions for our client,a growing multi-stage life science investment firm with ~$5+ billion in AUM. Reporting to the Senior Controller, theFund Controller will implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting and will contribute to year end audits and tax work for assigned funds.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and NAV calculations
- Calculate management fees and incentive allocations
- Compute fund returns, analyze performance and tax implications
- Assist senior team members in working with auditors to prepare year-end financial statements
- Review overall fund level tax projections, understanding of state and foreign tax jurisdictions.
- Ensure all client deliverables are prepared accurately and with a high level of quality
- Manage the investment reserving process, forecasting and cash management for the venture capital platform
- Partner with investment professionals to manage fund-level cash
- Provide Fund and LP-level accounting, financial reporting, and performance information
- Assist in managing the LP tax estimate and yearend tax process
- Advise on structuring SPEs, new funds, incubated entities, QSBS for LPs and incubated companies
- Collect and maintain electronic copy of all accounting records and source documents
- Oversee fund expenses allocation and accrual in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinate with peer controller on private investment valuation
- CPA and BA or BS
- 7-10 total years of fund accounting experience at hedge fund/VC fund
- 3+ years of partnership tax accounting (US and Foreign)
- Big 4 audit/tax experience a plus
- Experience with close ended venture capital waterfalls a plus
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email Cristinaat firstname.lastname@example.org.