Fund Controller – Private Investments and Venture Capital
The Fund Controller will be responsible for private investment operations and the venture capital finance functions for our client, a highly successful and growing Investment Management firm in Boston.
Reporting to the Senior Controller, theFund Controller will implement and monitor internal controls over financial reporting and will contribute to year end audits and tax work for assigned funds. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparingmonthly financial statements and NAV calculations
- Calculatingmanagement fees and incentive allocations
- Computing fund returns, analyze performance and tax implications
- Assisting the senior team members in working with auditors to prepare year-end financial statements
- Reviewing overall fund level tax projections, understanding of state and foreign tax jurisdictions.
- Ensuringall client deliverables are prepared accurately and with a high level of quality
- Managingthe investment reserving process, forecasting and cash management for the venture capital platform
- Partnering with investment professionals to manage fund-level cash
- ProvidingFund and LP-level accounting, financial reporting, and performance information
- Assisting in managing the LP tax estimate and yearend tax process
- Advising on structuring SPEs, new funds, incubated entities, QSBS for LPs and incubated companies
- Collecting and maintain electronic copy of all accounting records and source documents
- Overseeing fund expenses allocation and accrual in accordance with GAAP
- Coordinatingwith peer controller on private investment valuation
- CPA and BA or BS
- 5-10years of fund accounting experience at hedge fund/VC fund
- 3+ years of partnership tax accounting (US and Foreign)
- Big 4 audit/tax experience a plus
- Experience with close ended venture capital waterfalls a plus
Please contact Cristina at email@example.com for consideration.