Fund Controller- Boston, MA
Our client, a growing investment management company with $5b AUM, is searching for a Fund Controller, a newly created position due to the firm's growth. This individual will report directly to the Senior Controller and be responsible for implementing and monitoring internal controls, overseeing financial reporting, and contributing to year-end audits and tax preparation for several funds.
This role is a full-time opportunity with a firm invested in cutting edge technologies and offers a competitive salary and incredible benefits.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and NAV calculations
- Work side by side with external auditors on year-end financials
- Calculate management fees and incentive allocations
- Compute fund returns, analyze performance and foreign and state tax implications, and review tax projections
- Prepare client deliverables and ensure accuracy and the highest level of quality
- Budget, forecast and manage cash for venture capital funds
- Provide Fund and LP-level accounting, financial reporting, and performance measures
- Assist in managing the LP tax estimates and year-end tax process
- Bachelor's Degree and CPA required
- At least 7 years of fund accounting experience or public accounting experience working with hedge funds or VC funds
- 3+ years partnership tax accounting – both domestic and foreign
- Experience with close-ended VC waterfall models a plus
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain a high level of detail and accuracy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates should contact Lianne at email@example.com for consideration.