Fixed Asset Staff Accountant
Fixed Asset Staff Accountant – Orlando, FL
An international resort and hospitality companyin sunny Orlando seeks experienced Staff Accountants with a recent Fixed Asset background for immediate consulting roles! These positions are temporary with an opportunity of becoming permanent, paying$24.00 per hour (permanent salary: $55,000.00 based on relevant work experience).
This role reports to Assistant Controller – Fixed Assets. The Fixed Asset Staff Accountant will monitor all construction of projects and maintaining a schedule of project spend to budget and forecast, including investigating and reporting on variances.
- Prepare monthly summary and detail construction reports, update historical and projected cash flows and perform analysis for all projects
- Review, analyze and approve invoices for capital expenditures
- Reconcile hotel capital expenditure general ledger account
- Collaborate with Operations and maintain capital expenditure forecast for assigned hotels by project that includes actual spent, committed and planned against budget
- Review, analyze and approve Purchase documentation for capital expenditures
- Prepare adjusting entries and job cost entries to correct posting errors to the capital expenditure general ledger account
- Effectively communicate with General Contractors, Project Managers and Hotel General Managers regarding project status, contract documents, change orders and any additional services related to the project
- Assist in financial audit and tax filing activities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Basic understanding of financial statement preparation and ability to read and analyze income statement and balance sheet
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of accounting experience with construction or project accounting preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to learn and utilize accounting system in a timely manner
- Must thrive in a teamwork setting and have excellent organizational skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic
Interested and qualified candidates, please email an updated resume in a Word document to Howie email@example.com immediate consideration.