Electromechanical Technician- Bedford, MA
Our expanding Medical Device client is looking for an Electromechanical Technician to join their team in Bedford, MA. This position is responsible for the assembly and test of components and assemblies.
- Build and test assemblies and subcomponents for Systems manufacturing group following manufacturing process documentation.
- Assemble and repair precision electromechanical parts, assemblies, and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, precision instruments, test equipment.
- Solder electrical and electronic components in specified locations on assembly per manufacturing process documentation.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Calibrate assembly tooling to meet operational tolerances/specifications.
- Support new product prototype builds as assigned.
- Maintain accurate records to ensure Device History Records (DHR) and quality documents are accurate.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Perform all work following quality standards and established safety procedures.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in electromechanical assembly, medical device manufacturing a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of GMP and ISO manufacturing requirements and guidelines.
- Must have hands-on experience with both mechanical and electrical assemblies, optical assemblies are a plus.
- Must have a basic understanding of electronics/electricity.
- Basic understanding and use of fluke meter, optical power meter, multimeter, DC power supplies, Loctite/EFD dispensing units, and optical cleaning devices.
- Must have basic understanding knowledge of ESD.
- Able to solder electrical components– familiarity with surface mount technology a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal components; this role requires fine motor skills and dexterity.
- Must demonstrate basic computer skills, MS word, and Excel.
- Must be a quality-minded team player that takes the initiative to improve product and process performance.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend English and have basic math skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions & directions independently
If you are interested and qualified for this role, please send your current resume to Earl at email@example.com for consideration.