Drug Authorization Specialist
Drug Authorization Specialist – Greater Boston Area
A successful cancer center located in the Greater Boston Area is currently seeking candidates for a Drug Authorization Specialist role. All candidates considered must have 0-2 years of relevant work experience in healthcare/business administration as well as strong analysis proficiency and communication skills.This is a 3+ month contract opportunity with the potential to convert into a permanent position and will pay $18.50 an hour within a 40-hour work week.
- Perform and conduct pre-registration interviews of new patients by making/receiving patient calls; collecting and documenting patient demographics, financial, and other relevant personal information prior to their first visit
- Manage referral and authorizations information as assigned
- Communicate regularly with physicians and other medical providers regarding clinical clarifications
- Document daily activities in a timely, accurate manner in hospital information system
- Bachelor’s Degree OR Master’s in healthcare, business administration, or health science field
- Knowledge of insurance coverage and referral authorization policies (PREFERRED)
- Highly skilled in MS Office suite applications
- Excellent analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in hearing more about the opportunity, please send your resume to Natalie firstname.lastname@example.org immediate consideration.