Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations
Director of IT Infrastructure and Operations- Boston, MA
Our client, a growing biotech here in Boston, is looking to bring on a new Director of Technology. Ideal candidates will be proficient in the below. Please do not apply to this role if you do not have 7+ years in a Biotech, Pharma, or Life Sciences organization.
Clinical Systems is a must.
Our client would like to identify a Director of technology to join their rapidly-growing organization. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this critical position will be responsible for developing and implementing the infrastructure, policies, governance, software, hardware, and other IT-related tasks. This is a hands-on technical/management role and is operationally focused on ensuring the streamlined operation of the IT department to meet the business objectives of the organization. This position will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities. This position will work closely with decision-makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the company.
- Implement the IT infrastructure and service capabilities strategy for current and future organizational needs. Leads the planning and implementation of IT initiatives as well as management of core day to day services
- Manage IT vendors and consultants.
- Regularly and effectively communicates with key business and project stakeholders to understand requirements, keep them advised of project progress, and overall IT services status.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of industry trends to ensure the company is leveraging the best and most efficient resources to meet evolving IT needs.
- Oversees IT security and compliance efforts, establishing controls and processes in support of data security, PHI, GxP, SOX, and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain IT contingency plans.
- Manage overall budget for IT expenditures.
- Oversee maintenance of hardware and software used throughout the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- 7+ years of IT experience with prior experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment.
- Knowledge of life sciences development processes, including clinical operations, Good Clinical Practice, 21 CFR Part 11, clinical supply chain, various R&D applications such as EDC, CTMS, eTMF, Argus, clinical data warehouses, Veeva Vault, Regulatory systems, and Medical Affairs systems.
- Previous direct experience managing an IT function preferred
- Significant experience with evaluating, implementing, and managing both cloud and on-premise infrastructure and platforms, which may include but are not limited to the following: Office 365, VMware, Active Directory, Sharepoint, Veeva, Centrify, Mimecast, etc.
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies.
- Good understanding of GxP and SOX requirements.
- Uses broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Develops technical and/or business solutions to complex problems.
- Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures, and evaluation criteria to achieve results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs, projects, and/or functions.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, allowing for an open and effective dialogue throughout the company.
- Attention to detail and quality are critical to success.
- Able to command respect from peers and capable of highly independent work as well as being a team player and role model.
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, identify and resolve issues.
- Broad experience in a small company environment is a plus
For immediate consideration, please email Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org