Desktop Support Engineer
Desktop Support Engineer – Providence, RI
Our client, a professional services firm located in Downtown Providence, is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer for a 6-month contract. Executive (white glove) support experience up to level 3 is required.
The responsibilities of this individual will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Operational support – Candidate will provide the highest level customer service and technical support for our Business, fielding incoming requests via our ITSM provider Service-Now. The manager will be the sole resource in the office.
- Desktop Engineering
- Support & assist the desktop engineering manager with the maintenance of desktop related applications.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to improve performance, reliability, and manageability of the Windows platform.
- Configuration of desktop system deployments, imaging, asset management and security of desktop environment. Configuration of mobile devices, printers, headsets and card scanners.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of advanced troubleshooting tools such as Windows Debugger, Process Monitor, Windows Performance Toolkit, etc.
- Video Conference Support – responsible for supporting and monitoring video conference meetings. Work closely with PEP AV specialist and become a key contact for all VC needs in New York office.
- Microsoft OS Windows 10 Microsoft Office Suites 2016 and Office 365.
- Strong understanding of fundamental Windows technologies, including: Active Directory, group policy, Windows Debugger, Process Monitor, Windows Performance Toolkit.
- Intermediate understanding of imaging technologies, including Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, SysPrep, Windows PE and Druva enterprise backup technology.
- Experience with enterprise security product, such as anti-virus, SSO, data-loss prevention and encryption software.
- Develop and document procedures for routine operations including troubleshooting, support, and product administration.
- Perform system upgrades and incorporate new technologies to the infrastructure minimizing effects on the user experience – working nights and weekends as necessary.
- Actively assist and participate in the implementation of systems, infrastructure and related network and communications hardware for the enterprise.
For immediate consideration, please email resumes to Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org