Desktop Support Engineer – Greater Boston
Desktop Support Engineer- Greater Boston Area
Our client, a professional services firm located in Greater Boston, is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer for a three-month contract-to-hire role.
The responsibilities of this individual will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Operational support– Candidate will provide the highest level customer service and technical support for our Business, fielding incoming requests via our ITSM provider Service-Now. The manager will be the sole resource in the office.
- Desktop Engineering
- Support & assist the desktop engineering manager with the maintenance of desktop related applications.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions to improve the performance, reliability, and manageability of the Windows platform.
- Configuration of desktop system deployments, imaging, asset management, and security of the desktop environment. Configuration of mobile devices, printers, headsets, and card scanners.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of advanced troubleshooting tools such as Windows Debugger, Process Monitor, Windows Performance Toolkit, etc.
- Video Conference Support – responsible for supporting and monitoring video conference meetings.
- Work closely with PEP AV specialist and become a key contact for all VC needs in the New York office.
- Microsoft OS Windows 10 Microsoft Office Suites 2016 and Office 365.
- Strong understanding of fundamental Windows technologies, including Active Directory, group policy, Windows Debugger, Process Monitor, and Windows Performance Toolkit.
- Intermediate understanding of imaging technologies.
- Experience with enterprise security product, such as anti-virus, SSO, data-loss prevention and encryption software.
- Develop and document procedures for routine operations, including troubleshooting, support, and product administration.
- Perform system upgrades and incorporate new technologies to the infrastructure minimizing effects on the user experience – working nights and weekends as necessary.
- Actively assist and participate in the implementation of systems, infrastructure, and related network and communications hardware for the enterprise.
For immediate consideration, please email resumes to Charles at firstname.lastname@example.org