Interim Controller- Remote
We are currently seeking candidates for an Interim Controller (remote) position with a nonprofit rehabilitation center based out of Manhattan, NY. All candidates considered must have 5+ years of experience working as the Controller of a nonprofit organization.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and FASB standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Oversee monthly reconciliations, manage cash balance and cash flow, and oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by filing financial reports filing sales tax, and governance reports to appropriate agencies
- Responsible for all audit and tax prep and support to outside contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of nonprofit controllership experience
- Well versed in consolidations
- Strong understanding of FP&A
- Ability to work 100% remote
If you are interested in learning more, please send your resume to Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.