Controller – Boston, MA
Our client, a fast-growing healthcare technology company headquartered in Ireland, is looking to expand its US presence as its customer base grows. They are in search of a Controllerto build out the accounting and finance functions as it continues with its fundraising efforts. This position will report directly to the CFO and will partner with the CFO in established policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
This is a full-time position that is offering up to $135,000 on a base plus bonus with a targeted start date of June 1st, 2020. Opportunity to work remote is available.
- Ownership of the month-endclose process and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare full P&Laccount – accruals, prepayments, purchase invoice processing, sales invoicing/revenue recognition and trending & variance analysis for revenue, cost of sales and operating expenses
- Coordinate sales tax compliance and manage the preparation of annual tax return
- Partner and develop relationships with all teams within the organization, including the coordination with stakeholders
- Prepare year to date cash flow, monthly financial statements and related footnotes
- Assist in the preparation of cash projections andmonthly re-forecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions for the annual budget
- Work closely with external auditors to facilitate the annual financial audit
- Maintain and coordinate half-yearly inventory of fixed assets
- Assist the CFO in the implementation of corporate policies and procedures
- Implement, document, and maintain sufficient and effective internal control and processes
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Big 4 or public accounting experience a plus
- CPA with at least 7 years’ experience, preferably in the technology or SaaS industries
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- International accounting experience a plus
- Experience with implementation of ERP / financial planning systems required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- High attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment and teams in multiple locations
Interested and qualified candidates should contact Lianne at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.