Collection A/R Analyst
Collections Analyst- North of Boston
Type: Contract to hire
Pay: $23.00 per hour
The Collections Analyst is responsible for reconciling and reducing receivable balances within an assigned portfolio by interpreting lease language or reviewing purchase orders, auditing billing amounts, researching pay histories, and collecting past due balances on rent or purchase order-based receivables. The incumbent will be responsible for managing a high call volume, and consistent follow up to resolve past due balances. This position requires the capability to work independently with limited supervision from the Supervisor and a strong sense of urgency and aggressiveness to collect balances associated with wireless and broadcast customers.
- Collect and reconcile receivable balances for the existing customer base, driving the balance through to resolution and ensuring that billing is accurate going forward.
- Audit lease documents or purchase orders to validate billing, identify necessary billing adjustments, and complete paperwork to support changes.
- Initiate telephone contact and maintain proper follow up with assigned customer(s) and initiate timely escalation for Supervisor review when needed.
- Administer past due or default notices, and work with department management to decide if the account should be written off, taken to litigation, or sent to a collection agency.
- Maintain current collection notes at the contract, parent, or transaction levels
- Establish and maintain positive interactions with internal departments such as Leasing Operations, Legal, Site Acquisitions, Site Leasing Management, Engineering, Acquisition, Zoning and Permitting (AZP), and Redevelopment to resolve customer disputes promptly.
- Provide timely and accurate A/R reporting for contracts or invoice aging balances.
- Support a high volume of customers by following a defined collection strategy for making daily calls to customers and following up on arrangements made for the resolution of outstanding balances.
- Bachelors degree in accounting finance a business
- Internships accounting experience or 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and meet and exceed KPI's
- Strong written and verbal communications
Please contact Peter Kulturides if you're interested in this opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
NOTE:Upon screening for this opportunity, candidates will need to provide two references to proceed in the interview process. These references will be checked up front and presented to the client before setting up an interview.