We have a great opportunity to get your foot in the door working with one of the premier medical device companies in the world on a 1-year project as a CNC Programmer at their Memphis, TN site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain multi-axis CNC programs to produce parts using CAD/CAM software. UG NX 11.2 is a must.
- Optimizing programs using Vericut is a must.
- Develop CNC machining processes by selecting the chucking device, cutting tools, tool arrangement, and cutting speeds and feeds with emphasis on standardization.
- Set up machines, tools, connections, directories, etc.
- Ability to correct the programs as required under guidance.
- Prepare detailed work instructions and supervise machining process validations, including operator training.
- Communicate effectively with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development Engineering, plant personnel, and individuals outside the company.
- Create Job instructions, tooling sheets, tool life studies.
- Standardize tooling across multiple programs
- Maintain the master CNC program directory, through proper file management techniques, to insure the integrity of CNC programs.
- Implement and report cost improvements.
- Assist in the design of jigs, tools, fixtures, and special equipment for CNC applications.
- Ensure compliance with current CNC programming standards and best practices.
- Working knowledge of MS office tools Excel, Word, etc.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow all programming file management procedures, set by the company and/or applicable Quality Specifications to ensure compliance of CNC programs with our Quality Management System.
- Function as subject matter expert and mentor for other programmers and machinists.
- Work with cross-functional teams on improvement projects or kaizen events.
- Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate. College or technical degree not mandatory but is a definite plus.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of CNC programming experience to include three years’ experience using CAD/CAM software is a must for CNC Programmer.
- Multi axis Mill/Turn and robotic experience is a plus.
- Must be able to react to normal machine scheduling and emergency requirements to maintain a steady flow of parts through CNC equipment.
- Assignments may also originate from opportunities that develop in the shop.