Chief Product Officer (Diagnostics)
Chief Product Officer
Our client, a novel diagnostics company focused on detecting various pathologies, diseases, and conditions, beginning with COVID-19, is currently seeking a Chief Product Officer to join their team. We are looking for someone who understands biotech research and development (specifically diagnostics) inside and out; someone who has successfully brought diagnostics products to market; and someone who has a deep technical background (preferably in biochemistry) who can help build out the R&D infrastructure and processes for the near-term and beyond. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of start-up resourcefulness, best-in-class commercial expertise, and seasoned biotech product experience to elevate and lead product strategy.
- Develop and own the product roadmap for the company, with a focus on growth initiatives; communicate the roadmap to all stakeholders; translate the product roadmap to action by executing on business case development, competitive analysis, product market fit, and product differentiation.
- Evaluate market trends and competitive strategies to assess, propose, and implement bold and innovative ideas for growth
- Deliver a compelling product experience to customers by creating a structure that enables collaboration with leadership, technology, marketing, delivery, support, and other commercial teams
- Ensure product is properly aligned and priced to ensure commercial success
- Responsible for determining metrics (KPIs) to track, evaluating results, identifying opportunities, setting goals, and building a plan to execute.
- Participate in press activities conferences, and discussion sessions with other thought leaders with the company
- Serve as a strategy driver for the company along with the CEO and fellow leadership, while shaping the company’s culture and mission
- Lead and grow a successful team by managing recruiting, staffing, mentoring, maintaining a best-in-class product team
- Responsible for managing industry alliances, developing sales channels/integrations, and prioritizing platform investments
- Responsible for partnering closely with the CTO and technology team to ensure product and technology strategy are closely aligned
- At least 5+ years managing mature products / 1 breakout experience getting a v1 product to market and scale, ideally within the biotech space
- PhD or advanced degree in biology or biochemistry and experience preferred
- Have proven outcomes in building and growing a product line inside of a P&L environment with demonstrated excellence partnering with marketing, sales, G&A functions.
- Experience building out an R&D outfit for diagnostics, a track record of successfully shipping diagnostic products, unvarnished candor, and sole focus on getting things done
- Demonstrate expertise in developing and executing a product go-to-market strategy
- Exhibit the ability to work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, technology, marketing, and sales
- Bring proven communication and leadership skills to inspire, influence and motivate both direct reports as well as cross-functional partners
- Thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of a fast-moving company. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to communicate complex biotech issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences, adept at working through ideas and problems with development and product teams
- Have permission to live/work in the USA and be available to work an Eastern Time zone workday.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com