Business Analyst (Client Reporting)
Business Analyst, Asset Management- Boston, MA
Our client is a reputable Boston-based asset manager who is currently looking to add a strong Business Systems Analyst to their team. This role will support both Fixed Income and Equities based lines of the business. The Business Analyst will work with complex data sets across multiple database platforms to connect, extract, blend, and cleanse data to prepare it for reporting and analytical modeling and visualize it for Institutional Client Reporting.
Reporting and Dashboard Development:
- Analyze data to develop standard and custom performance and management reports or dashboards in support of strategic initiatives by using strong visual design skills.
- Leverage knowledge of the business to develop dashboards that will meet current and future business needs.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve and evolve existing business intelligence solutions.
- Partner with the business team to align deliverables and milestones to process or reporting standards.
- Analyze trends and patterns and assembles presentation-quality information for use by managers.
- Perform quality control for team reports and dashboards.
- Use programming skills to query, reconcile, and analyze data.
- Partner with the business team to evaluate existing reporting/dashboards and provide more in-depth analytics on existing and new reports.
- Identifies key insights for reporting outcomes and provides data insight to stakeholders.
- Develop analytical models in alignment with requirements or user stories related to forecasting, financial modeling, or exploratory data analysis.
- Work closely with the business team on analytical modeling projects.
- Partners with Data Governance to ensure data is extracted from the most appropriate source and interpreted properly.
- Perform quality control for team data pulls, models, and related logic.
- Provide regular, proactive project status updates to the Scrum Master.
- Executes on project priorities and escalates roadblocks to the Scrum Master when applicable.
- Consistently document all phases and related hours of project work.
- Leverage technical skills in scoping level of effort to develop professional-grade reports, dashboards, and models.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and able to develop visual and analytic solutions in a problem-solving Agile environment
- Ability to query and organize data and effectively design easy to understand visuals from significant amounts of detailed information
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with latest reporting software ( MicroStrategy, Tableau)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
- Willing to work with and learn new technologies
Interested and qualified candidates, please send your current resume to Kenny at email@example.com