BI Developer (contract)
Our client, a leader in the investment management space, is looking for a Tableau Business Development contractor for a role based in Boston, MA. The contractor will be working with trading and middle office data so experience within an investment environment is a MUST HAVE to be considered. Although the role will start remotely candidate also MUST be currently local to the Greater Boston area to be considered. They will not consider anyone who has to relocate for the role.
Local C2C candidates will be considered only if they have investment/trading systems experience. If you meet this criteria, please send your resume to Angela Fagin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
The BI developer will drive trading and middle office oversight optimization including building interactive Tableau dashboards. You will be a Tableau expert with the ability to design interactive business insights and dashboards, data visualizations and enhancement of user interaction and user experience. You will be defining business requirements, providing functional specifications, prototyping, development, quality testing, UAT, post-launch enhancement implementation.
- Partner with business to design, develop, and deploy Tableau reporting, KPI scorecards & dashboards
- Responsible for teaching analytic best practices
- Recommend, organize and manage reporting environment for naming standards, grouping of reports by function or role, testing and publishing.
- Research and develop reporting to leverage Tableau metadata and content
- Address performance issues of the reports and dashboards
- Manage the standards and use of common datasets across the Tableau platform
- Knowledge of Tableau best practices in performance tuning, user-centric design, proactive alerts, etc.
- Create and edit SQL queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Create interactive filters, parameters and calculations for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau (preferably Tableau v20.x.).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technology preferred.
- Five or more years of process management experience within the asset management or financial services industry.
- Experience with user interface tools such as wire frames, prototypes, mock-ups, or white boarding to illustrate product usability.
- Experience working with large and complex data set able to write simple queries to create calculated fields.
- Empirical understanding of data systems (BI analytics, data blending, data warehousing, data ETL, etc.) on process automation and standardization.
- Must have excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to illustrate work flows and dashboard functionality.
- Experience in Agile project lifecycle management.
- Strong technical, analytical, and business knowledge. Excellent technical understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
If you are currently local to the Boston, MA area, have experience working with trading and middle office data at an investment manager and are an expert with Tableau, please send your resume to Angela Fagin at email@example.com for consideration.