Associate Hotel Director of Finance
HotelAssociate Director of Finance -Cambridge
Contract to Hire rate:$38.00 per hour
We aspire to greet everyguest with a spirit of warmth and welcome,proudly exceeding our guests’ expectations.Those aspirations extend deep into the heart of our hotels – right into the lives of our employees. In fact, we consider ourselves more than a hotel management company – we’re a member of the communities we serve. At our core, we celebrate the individuality of everyone who walks through our doors. For our employees, that means we ensure they develop the skills and tools they need to do their job and exceed even their own expectations.
The Indirect Tax Analyst is responsible for all indirect tax activities of assigned hotel properties, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and liaisons with the service provider in the calculation and reporting of tax liabilities, in responding to questions and special requests from employees and regulatory agencies, in researching laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures, and in preparing budgets, projections, and special reports for senior management.This position requires excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of office processes and related computer software tools is essential.
This contract position will be 4-6 months long and will focus on directing the financial activities of multiple hotels. This professional will be safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet corporate requirements.
- Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
- Participate in and critique asset inventories.
- Maintain records storage area in compliance with record retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
- Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any other applicable tax liabilities.
- Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including collection calls as needed.
- Ensure the A/R aging percentages are in compliance with SOP.
- Verify credit cards are processed every night by night audit.
- Verify cash deposits are made timely.
- Assist Director of Finance with the Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts each period.
- Perform all accounting functions for multiple hotels
- Effectively schedule, monitor, and evaluate controllable departmental expenditures to stay within the restraints of the established budget through: labor management and purchasing control systems
- Establish and monitor scheduling of all accounting associates, including Night Audit.
- B.S. in Accounting or finance with 4 plus years experience in a hotel environment.
- One year experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
- Knowledge of Hotel Financial Statements and reconciliation of A and L accounts.
- Analytical approach to problems with high regard for detail and accuracy
- Sound administrative and managerial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills
- Have proficient training, coaching and counseling abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
Please contact Nick Lahoud at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to this job.