Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist- Greater Boston Area
We are seeking AP Specialists for our client in the Greater Boston area who is looking to bring someone in on a contract engagement. This person will be responsible for ensuring that all payable transactions post regularly and payments to the vendors are generated on an accurate and timely basis and ensure documentation for all payments are correctly maintained.
This role is a 2+ month contract opportunity that will pay $23 per hour throughout a 40-hour workweek.
- Provide task force support for hotels requiring assistance, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintain accounts payable files
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the hotel operation.
- Process invoices in accounts payable system.
- Initiate creation of new vendors in the accounts payable system:
- Verify the arithmetical accuracy of all invoices before payment.
- Reconciles the statements from suppliers and resolves any discrepancies.
- Review month-end Accounts Payable aging and addresses any outstanding items.
- Assist the finance group with the month-end close process.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance
- Three plus years of experience in A/P or Accounting
- Recent experience with an extensive accounting system is highly preferred (Great Plains or Larson, etc.)
- Familiarity with fundamental accounting principles understanding of rebates
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong sense of urgency
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel strongly preferred
Qualified candidates should send their resumes directly to Hunter at email@example.com for immediate consideration.