Accounting Manager for a Life Sciences Firm -Greater Boston
Accounting Manager- Boston, MA
Our client, a well-known and successful life sciences firm, is looking to add an Accounting Manager to their team! The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller and be responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations, accounting systems, and accounting policies. The ideal Accounting Manager will have experience in both public accounting and the private sector, have experience with SEC and SOX, and be a hands-on leader with exceptional attention to detail.
This position is a newly created, full-time role with great benefits!
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close processes by reviewing reconciliations, journal entries, and accruals
- Report to the Controller and work collaboratively to ensure timely and accurate reporting and analysis
- Assist with SEC filings, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, etc.
- Help with the annual budget and forecast process including departmental coordination and review
- Support the external audit firm in their annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Supervise an Accountant and AP Clerk
- Manage the fixed asset register, Coordinate preparation of annual tax returns and Process employee expense reports
- Ensure that the R & D, legal, business development, and investor relations/corporate communications departments are all providing accurate date for the final closing
- Introduce and research best practices
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in the accounting field
- 2 years of managerial experience
- Public accounting experience is a must
- Experience working in a Life Sciences firm or having serviced clients in this field is a plus
- Broad knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance requirements
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders from all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested and have all the desired qualifications, please apply now or send your resume to Begum firstname.lastname@example.org be considered.