Accounting Manager, BioTech – Greater Boston
Our client, a publicly-traded biotech firm, is searching for an Accounting Manager to join their team and lead all accounting functions.
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring appropriate accounting policy and handling the day-to-day management of transactions and accounting-related systems. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the monthly and quarterly close processes, including reviewing account reconciliations, journal entries, and accruals to ensure timely and accurate financial closing.
- Establish and maintain alignment across key functional areas including research & development, legal, business development, and investor relations/corporate communications, to ensure appropriate input affecting the financial close process
- Assisting with drafting and tie-out of SEC filings, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, proxy, and other filings
- Participating in the annual budget and forecast process including departmental coordination and review
- Supporting the external audit firm in their annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Supervising an Accountant and A/P Clerk; oversee semi-monthly payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including at least two years of managerial responsibility and complete finance department area knowledge
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience; 2-3 years of private accounting experience in life sciences
- Knowledge of GAAP and SOX compliance requirements
- Experience working with NetSuite
Qualified and interested candidates can email their resumes and two professional references to Cristina email@example.com