Accounting and Finance Associate
Accounting and Finance Associate- Cambridge, MA
Our client, an investment management company in Cambridge, MA, is in search of an Accounting and Finance Associate. This position is on a team that is responsible for the accounting, valuation, and operations of a portfolio of natural resources assets. This role is a newly-formed position due to the growth of the portfolio and is an excellent opportunity for individuals with 1-2 years' experience or relevant co-op experience.
This role is a full-time opportunity that expects to pay between $60,000 and $65,000 on a base.
- Maintain portfolio accounting systems and general ledger records for the portfolio
- Reconcile trade entries, accounting systems, and performance reporting
- Execute cash movements and ensure transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Research and resolve discrepancies for valuations, cash, and loan balances
- Support valuation of portfolio assets
- Obtain and review financial statements for portfolio companies and assist in the analysis of these statements with regards to valuation and audit
- BS in Accounting or Finance preferred with a strong academic background
- 1-2 years of experience in fund or investment accounting or operations
- Experience Private Equity or Real Assets a plus
- Fundamental accounting knowledge required; knowledge of interest in financial markets and products; financial modeling skills and valuation methods preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, proficiency in PowerPoint preferred
- Collaborative, team player with a strong degree of professionalism
- Must be detail-oriented, communicate effectively, and demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation
Interested and qualified candidates should contact Lianne at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.