VP of Information Technology and ERP Systems
Our client a Boston based life sciences organization is seeking an experienced and motivated VP, Information Technology to join our rapidly growing organization. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this critical position will be responsible for developing and implementing IT infrastructure, policies, governance, software, hardware, and other IT related tasks. This is a hands-on technical/management role and is operationally focused to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department to meet the business objectives of the organization.
This position will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities. This position will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the company bringing forth a strong sense of customer service amongst a growing clinical-stage company with the goal of transitioning to a fully-integrated R&D and commercial organization.
- Implements the IT infrastructure and service capabilities strategy for current and future organizational needs. Leads the planning and implementation of IT initiatives as well as management of core day to day services.
- Strong experience with Oracle ERP implementation and systems.
- Manages IT vendors and consultants while building out an incredibly strong IT team to support a commercial environment.
- Regularly and effectively communicates with key business and project stakeholders to understand requirements, keep them advised of project progress and overall IT services status.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of industry trends to ensure that the company is leveraging the best and most efficient resources to meet evolving IT needs within a publicly traded clinical-stage company that has the goal of transitioning to a fully integrated R&D and commercial organization.
- Oversees IT security and compliance efforts, establishing controls and processes in support of data security, PHI, GxP, SOX and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains IT policies and procedures.
- Maintains IT contingency plans.
- Develops and manages overall budget for IT expenditures.
- Oversees maintenance of hardware and software used throughout.
Advanced Degree in Information Technology or a related field
15+ years of IT experience with prior experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment
Extensive knowledge of life sciences development processes, including clinical operations, Good Clinical Practice, 21 CFR Part 11, clinical supply chain, various R&D applications such as EDC, CTMS, eTMF, Argus, clinical data warehouses, Veeva Vault, Regulatory systems, and Medical Affairs systems
Previous direct experience managing an IT department, vendors and direct reports is required
Significant experience with evaluating, implementing, and managing both cloud and on-premises infrastructure and platforms, which may include but are not limited to the following: Oracle ERP system implementation, Office 365, VMware, Active Directory, SharePoint, Veeva, Centrify, Mimecast, etc.
Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing, and leveraging outsourcing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in GxP and SOX requirements
- Uses broad expertise or unique knowledge and skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Develops technical and/or business solutions to complex problems
- Experience transitioning to a revenue generating company
- Identifies and implements methods, techniques, procedures, and evaluation criteria to achieve results
- Guides the successful completion of major programs, projects, and/or functions
Excellent verbal and written skills, allowing for an open and effective dialogue throughout the company
Solution-oriented approach to evaluating and solving existing/anticipated issues
Attention to detail and quality are critical to success
Highly accountable for the results and outcomes of their responsibilities and understands the impact of their efforts, results, and attitudes on others
Uses teamwork to work cooperatively toward the most effective solutions, championing the best ideas of team members, and assisting where help is needed yet is capable of highly independent work when efficiency is required
Results-oriented individual who is highly motivated, decisive, flexible in thought, and has the creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company
Forward thinking mindset with ability to manage multiple projects, identify and resolve issues
Broad experience in an emerging, publicly traded company environment is a plus