Job Title: Materials Management and Planning Scientific Associate
Assignment length: 6-month chance to extend
Location: on site Boston
Pay Rate Range: $25-32/hr
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing therapeutic treatments is currently seeking a scientific associate who will manage materials in support of continuous drug product manufacturing, clinical manufacturing, Kilo Lab, and Analytical Laboratory operations that span development and commercial environments.
Materials Management & Planning Scientific Associate will partner with drug production teams in all phases of development from clinical drug product, through commercialization; develop and implement materials management system at the MC; Maintain and operate the materials management system; Demonstrate an ability to work cross functionally coordinating activities between drug substance manufacture, product manufacture, QA and analytical release. Materials management will include materials receipt, sampling, shipping, disposal, and management of GMP materials.
Materials management & Planning Scientific Associate will be skilled to work within the Oracle Product Management System (OPM) based materials management system, managing all materials transactions.
- Support warehouse activities/movement to ensure that all warehouse activities and materials movement are in full compliance with cGMP requirement and procedures. Store materials in appropriate cGMP conditions.
- Perform and support materials delivery and returns between DPF and the warehouse in timely manner; Review customer request for materials delivery; Perform picking and delivering materials to the Drug Product Facility, transfer of materials from and to the warehouse using an effective workflow.
- Perform and support transactions between GMP warehouse and DPF, between pallet locations inside GMP warehouse and updated in OPM timely; Support to create and complete formulas, recipe, and batch in OPM per batch records.
- Support and perform cGMP Shipments; Pack materials with correct packages with temperature requirement; Coordinate QA and shipping contractors to ensure shipments are collected and delivered in timely fashion.
- Support and perform monthly warehouse cycle count, investigation and remedy material discrepancies, deviations and events to keep the inventory accurate.
- Work on the cGMP Warehouse Environmental monitoring system; work with VMC safety team to ensure that all activities in Materials Management area meet the company’s safety and environmental requirement.
- Support incoming materials receipt, sampling and releasing.
- Support and perform waste tablets collection and disposals per SOPs.
Technical and Communicative Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with other functional areas and effectively manage customer expectations and influence both individuals and teams.
- Demonstrate ability to conceive, plan and execute projects of diverse scope and complexity and to continuously improve existing material management operational, business and quality systems.
- Operate material handling equipment, such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks to move stock or reorganize storage, including being able to lift, pull and/or carry 50lbs on periodic basis.
- Prioritize work assignments based on service commitment to customers and business needs.
- Demonstrate written communication skills to communicate with co-workers and maintain accurate, complete records and daily logs.
- Displays ability to multi-task and prioritize work in fast-paced clinical development and commercial environment.
- Detail oriented, works with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a warehouse environment managing inventory, including use of forklift.
- High school diploma
- Ability to lift/move 50lbs
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Can-do attitude.
- Excellent documentation skills are required
- Experience of operating in a clinical and commercial GMP environment is preferred.
- Experience of working with OPM system is plus