Lead Java Developer
Our client, a leading financial services firm headquartered in Boston, MA, is seeking a hands on Lead full stack Java Developer to work on a data modernization platform. This is a Hybrid role based in Boston, MA.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Extensive experience in Java (Java 8+/JEE desired) application development architecture, frameworks and technologies: Microservice, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring RESTful Web Service, Hibernate/JPA
- Practical experience with DevSecOps and CI/CD tools, Containers (Docker/ or Kubernetes)
- Hands-on RDBMS experience (data modeling, analysis, programming, stored procedures)
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data
- Uses DevSecOps practices, tooling and techniques.
- Lead design and construct attractive, consistent, and functional web pages and web applications while adhering to modern web design principles like browser portability, device independence, and graceful degradation
- Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to “get things done” are essential
- Actively participate in the code review process, receiving and providing constructive feedback on ways to improve code execution.
- Promote and implement software design best practices and mentor junior members of the team.
- Follow agile engineering practices such as test-driven development, CI, and CD. Promote usability best practices
- Tools for improving code quality, software design patterns
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and willingness to learn
- Experience working with ETL tools like informatica and MDM
- Nice to have: Micro Services front end architecture
- Nice to have: AWS Certification, experience with AWS Glue
- 8+ years of IT experience in full stack end-to-end development in java based web applications Development
- Solid experience in the Java & Database development and support
- Good experience in UI development
- Experience working in the development and maintenance of large applications preferably finance applications
- Strong analytic, debugging, problem solving and collaborative skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Informatica MDM, Data Quality, IICS is a plus
If you are currently local to the New England area please send your resume to Angela Fagin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.