Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing therapeutic treatments is currently seeking a Research Scientist to join their Human Assay Technologies team for a 1-year contract with the potential to extend. This person will be responsible for carrying out complex lab work related to stem cell biology and disease modeling for the maintenance and differentiation of human iPSC-derived cultures using aseptic culture techniques for a T1 diabetes project.
- Establish and maintain induce pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and iPSC-based disease models.
- Implement methods to query gene and protein expression by immunofluorescence/confocal microscopy, qRT-PCR, and/or Western Blotting.
- Accurately and reliably execute protocols for cell model and assay development.
- Maintain accurate and reliable records, including database management, notebooks, and all other pertinent documentation.
Salary: $40 – $50/hr
- Ph.D. with 0–3 years, M.S. with 2–4 years, or a B.S. with 6+ years’ experience with primary cell/iPSC culture and disease modeling. Industry experience is a significant plus.
- Must be a motivated and collaborative individual with a passion for stem cell biology and disease modeling who enjoys working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment.
- Outstanding technical and communication skills
- Capable of working independently on the design and execution of experiments.
- Ability to work some weekends in a rotation schedule (a couple of hours per month).
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org