Chief of Staff – Manufacturing – Douglas, MA
We are currently seeking candidates for a Chief of Staff position located in Douglas, MA. This position is with a growing Cannabis company and the Chief of Staff will report directly to the company’s Controller and CFO. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for overseeing the manufacturing operations of cannabis production and processing, as well as, monitoring the adequacy of supply inventories for production by coordinating with trusted suppliers and vendors for resources that meet high-quality standards with minimal costing.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of Manufacturing Operations experience and have exceptional leadership skills. Previous Cannabis Industry experience is not required. It is expected that the Chief of Staff will be on-site 5 days a week.
This opportunity will pay up to $120K base salary plus benefits.
- Oversees the manufacturing operations within the assigned facility/departments including Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement, and Supply Chain.
- Oversees the manufacture of products, ensuring production, performance, and quality standards are consistently met.
- Supervises the manufacturing teams within the assigned facility (i.e., Operations, Inventory Cultivation, Post-Harvest, Kitchen and Lab).
- Oversees building and facility operations and maintenance.
- Ensures a healthy and safe working environment, and compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Identify safety protocols and work to ensure OSHA compliance.
- Manage compliance requirements and projects involving inventory, marketing, product development, packaging, security, testing, and all others specific to the assigned location.
- Identifies and shares training opportunities for staff to build and improve skills.
- Organizes departmental management structure and teams for optimal, efficient operations.
- Delivers progress and production reports to executive team members for the end of each month within seven business days.
- Supervises equipment purchase, maintenance, and layout.
- Identify, Document and Maintain all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in accordance with 935 CMR 500.
- Document and maintain all SOP’s in support of all products manufactured.
- Review and drive business performance
- Assists Chief Financial Officer with long-range operating goals, expansion efforts, and implementation of new and advanced technology.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to develop operating budget
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to CEO/CFO
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of management experience in a manufacturing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Thorough understanding of the policies and practices used in the manufacturing division.
- Ability to set long-term goals and communicate them to others
- Ability to motivate and organize multiple efforts to accomplish goals
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Provide adequate levels of support to internal stakeholders
If you are interested in learning more about the position, please apply or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org