Business Systems/Data Analyst: Investment Management PMO
Our client an industry leading Alternative Investment Manager is seeking to hire an intelligent and highly motivated Business Analyst to join the Project Management Office Team. The PMO team will engage with the firms business units across the enterprise, to gather requirements for new technology initiatives, while seeing projects through from inception to implementation.
This individual will collaborate with colleagues across the front, middle and back office, as well as offshore development teams.
This role will focus primarily on technical business analysis and project management. The ideal candidate will have a mix of asset management and technology experience, with strong analytical and communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gather, document and refine business requirements from various business units, maintaining project backlogs in JIRA project tracking software
- Perform analysis on current databases and software to package requirements for offshore development teams
- Work closely with developers in creating solutions, performing QA as needed
- Manage UAT (user acceptance testing) with business units before release, provide post-production support and monitoring where needed
- Maintain systems architecture/business process documentation in MS Visio
- Develop and maintain internal technical processes and databases used for firmwide reporting and business intelligence production
- Constantly evaluate systems, processes and procedures for inefficiencies, making recommendations for improvement
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- 3-5 years of experience within financial services, with a mix of finance and technology responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Information Systems or CPA/CFA
- Motivated, self-starter with strong analytical skills, and an ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong appreciation for technology, business systems and their application in the workplace
- Experience with data analytics and business intelligence applications a plus (Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience working with debt instruments a plus (including but not limited to bank debt, bonds, equity, and derivative instruments), preferably in a hedge fund, private equity, or audit environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel and MS SQL skills are required; Python is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever changing, and results driven environment
- Familiarity with Agile project management principles is a plus
- Team player with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels within the Firm
This position is located in Boston and requires candidates to be onsite 3 days a week minimally. For immediate consideration please email a resume to Kenny at Kwilliams@daleyaa.com