Manager, IT Operations- Hybrid (Salem, NH)
The Manager of IT Operations will execute the day-to-day IT strategy for a large, multiple location franchise chain, as directed by its management team. The IT department is entirely outsourced so the Manager of IT Operations will be spending 80%+ of their time managing 3rd party technology vendors specifically keeping them on budget and held accountable for execution of key deliverables. This individual will support our corporate headquarters as well as our fleet of locations by ensuring all IT infrastructure is compliant with regulatory and security standards and all platforms are routinely audited and well organized. Additionally, the individual will work with the 3rd party managed services provider to maintain high employee and member satisfaction through ensuring that in-club devices and equipment are operational at all times. Someone coming from a multi-unit environment is a must for this role, no exceptions.
Key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Manage relationship with our IT support vendors and prioritize day to day issues
- Execute against a budget for all IT items
- Ensure employee onboarding and offboarding process is seamless from a technology perspective
- Think creatively to most effectively utilize existing resources
- Manage IT assets and inventory through routine audits and well organized documentation
- Account Management
- Partner with finance team to manage vendors to 100% pre-approved spend and electronic payment
- Ensure timely purchase order and invoice approval and make timely and highly organized internal proposals
- Drive accountability of vendors and ensure execution meets expectations
- Review invoices to ensure compliance with contracts
- Assist in new club administrative setup, including securing ISPs and phone lines and setting up backend online portals for all relevant existing vendors
- Standardization, Infrastructure, and Compliance
- Ensure all IT infrastructure at HQ and in clubs is compliance with PCI standards and other relevant industry frameworks
- Balance standardization with cost-effectiveness across all clubs that are not consistent because of opening year, acquisition, or changing standards over time.
- Provide education and training for cybersecurity, product, and different platforms
- Maintain and document all network, cable, TV, phone, laptop and other technology standards and evolve as needed
- Program & Project Management
- Update and maintain a plethora of IT portals to maintain records, including ISPs, firewall, guest Wi-Fi, security cameras, and other required vendors
- Oversee help desk tickets through the Company’s Service Channel platform or an alternative platform recommended by managed services provider
- Implement new initiatives to our portfolio of clubs through thoughtful planning, communication, execution, and routine follow up
- Execute new club openings by reviewing designs in conjunction with Construction team and then ensuring timely and accurate approval of new location IT infrastructure
- Pilot new initiatives as required or as directed by our management team
- Think creatively to optimize the member experience and be compliant with company standards
- Collaborate with other franchisees on best practices
- Support new initiatives of other departments with the lens of technology
- Ensure our technology is current and evolves to fit our business needs
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Office, Excel and SharePoint, with an ability to learn new platforms easily
- Proven track record of handling multiple tasks with differing priorities in a constantly changing and demanding environment
- BA/BS Degree required
- Technical experience required inclusive of networking, cloud-based operating systems, and on trend technology infrastructure
- Presentation skills required.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to work across departments.
- Ability to form strategies and be able to react to changing business needs.
- Supervisory Responsibility: No direct reports, but directly responsible for overseeing main IT support vendors for a large portfolio of franchise clubs.
- Physical Demands: This position is required to talk in person or on the phone. Ability to continuously stand or walk, bend, squat and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. This job is subject to a variety of physical conditions when in the club environment.
- Work Environment: This job also operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, fax machines. Hybrid: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday in office and Thursday and Friday wfh.
- Vaccination: There is a vaccine mandate in Canada which is part of the travel requirement so candidates would need to comply.
- Travel: This position will be required to travel both in the US and Canada, as needed, anticipated to be approximately 10-15%.
If you are currently in the NH area and qualified for this role please send your resume to Angela Fagin at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration