Sr. Fund/Portfolio Accountant
We are currently seeking candidates for Sr. Fund/Portfolio Accountant at an investment firm with a location in Downtown Boston, MA 02111. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in fund accounting and/or custody/trade operations in the financial services and/or asset management industry(s).
This is a temporary role (est. 6 months) and will pay up to $36.00 per hour (based on relative work experience) within a 40-hour work week.
- Calculate and review daily NAV(s)
- Process and account for transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash and ledger/sub-ledger reconciliations
- Perform daily reconciliation of fund cash activity and assets (shares, market value, cost, etc.) between the co. and custodians and administrators
- Monitor currency balances and overdrafts to reduce exposure
- Reconcile total net assets between the co. and custodians or administrators on a monthly basis, researching and resolving any discrepancies identified
- Daily, month and quarterly recordkeeping and audit preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance)
- Minimum 2+ years of custody/trade operations and/or fund accounting experience
- Prior experience working with Custodian Banks and/or Investment Manager is preferred
- Team player with a strong focus on getting the job done within established strict timeframes
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates please forward updated resume in a Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key words: Fund Accountant, Custody, foreign exchange, asset control, reconciliation, custodian bank, Investment Operations Analyst, trade settlement, portfolio accountant